Tuesday

Friday makes day two ....



Friday morning we were up and on the go to see more of the city, to try new drinks and hit the shopping hard and heavy.


While on the shopping adventure we stumbled across two places where I found some great accessories for the home and the holiday Christmas tree. Everything was 25% off, so what I saved in sales I had them ship it back for my comfort. See, thinking outside the (shipping) box. I even gathered a few ideas for one of the rooms in my home, so perhaps I will begin to work on that idea.
Took a carriage ride around the town and saw many great places like the home of the founder of the Girl Scouts and even saw the place where Forrest Gump sat on the bench to eat his box of chocolates. Even the pub where Julia Roberts dined in one of her movies. Very informative and I think it may have been the first horse and carriage ride I have been on in a decade.
The cooking class was low country dining which included simple crab cakes, sweet and sour spinach salad, banana pudding. The class was taught by another instructor and she was very good but not as funny as our first cooking instructor. The store in which these classes were taught was a hip Williams and Sonoma. I even bought a new knife set that is also being shipped back. It should be perfect in the new kitchen, someday.
The next event was our Haunted Pub Crawl. We were in a group of about 40 people and went from bar to pub to bar stopping to hear stories of the ghost that lived or invest their time in the city. Learned the term "into your cups" which means as you walk down the street, drinking, and your plastic cups begin to stack up you become more intoxicated. I think I was into my cups pretty darn good for a Savannah rookie.
After the crawl we went out again to another bar or two and got back to the hotel around 1:00 a.m. Coming up ... Saturday on the Paula Deen tour (but most likely you will get an update from election headquarters)

No comments: