Tuesday

Travelog - Thursday


Well, I am back from a four day adventure down south where they ask the question, "want some tea with your sugar" (this is called Sweeeet Tea).


On Thursday, my friend and I flew from Indianapolis to Savannah. Decent travel short of the one suitcase that clunked me on the head because the guy could not muster up enough strength to put it in the overhead compartment. But when you are hauling around a dead body in a suitcase, it does get cumbersome. I was fine, I drank it off. I mean, well ... you will see.
So Thursday as we have an hour before flight from Atlanta to Savannah, we "practiced" our drinking at the airport. Ah, yes vacation has truly begun.
We arrived at 4pm to our hotel and our first cooking class was at 6:00 p.m. We dropped off our bag, wondered the streets for a tad and then ended up at Murphy's Law, an Irish Pub. So I had my second drink, a killer Martini (that had chocolate on the rim that if I spun it counter clockwise, it made a swirl in the glass. I could have sat there for hours, which only tells you that perhaps I did not need the drink, yet) we also split something to munch on before our dessert class at Kitchen's on the Square. We arrived at 6 to find we were the only two students in the class.
The class consisted of my friend and I learning to make a pumpkin pound cake with a praline topping, a red velvet cake with cream cheese/butter cream frosting, cinnamon cigars, cranberry/white chocolate with strussel topped muffins, a peppermint chocolate brownie. Along with the free wine, we drank and ate sugar for two and half hours. Our instructor was once a prep chef for Paula Deen, trained in Europe and has an offer to produce a cookbook. The sugar coma began instantly and I was feeling the pounds crystallize or my veins to harden.
We stumbled back to our rooms once this class was over and we simply called it a day around 10 pm. But don't fret, Friday has much planned (and we never got back to the room until 1:00 a.m. from the adventures.... be back tomorrow with more fun facts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cinnamon cigars? Say more!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I believe I'd like to see every one of those recipes! Do tell!!