Sunday

What a (thanks)gathering of friends...






























Well, I am nearly recovered from an action packed weekend! I helped a friend do some home painting, attended the Allen County SPCA's Paw's and Claws event at the Masonic Temple and of course there was Thanksgathering.

Nearly thirty people joined in the fun at the only party where the guests can bring a food item. We had Turducken (pictured above) and a wide selection of pies (yeah for me), starches and other great vegetables dressed up in not so healthy forms (yeah again). Raves went out to the Pumpkin Bars! (You know who you are who brought them and made everyone say YUMO).

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. This year, even though I have had many invitations to celebrate the day in style, I have to decline in order to keep my eyes on the big celebration --- MEXICarbO! It is less than three weeks away and I have to set up the food stations (which does not take all that long) but the buying, creating and cooking the menu for 150 of my closest friends. The debate remains whether or not to have the donkey for pictures. Also, this year I will have a Christmas tree up! Seldom does anyone see my tree, and since I have lived in the Haunted Hamlets, the tree has not been up during the Holiday Open House. (The home association is probably not too fond that I coined the name, Haunted, but more people die per capita in the Hamlets than any other berg in Fort Wayne - a statistic I made up.)
Enjoy some of the pictures of a fun and filling day!












2 comments:

Rachel said...

Mark,

Sorry I couldn't make it. Thanks for posting pictures! It looked like it was a great gathering for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Mark,

Thank you so much for including me in your Thanksgathering celebration! I had a blast and it was my Thanksgiving for this year. Ciao Bello!

Gina