Saturday

90+ degrees and dripping


I have been on Festival tour for quite some time now ... Three Rivers Festival - the parade, the junk food alley and now Ann Arbor Art Fair.


This art fair has been plastered by amazing heat! It was so warm I think my shoes melted to the lava like pavement. People were passing out like an Obama gathering. Anyways, it was hot, steamy and heavy thick air ...


The annual excursion to the Maize and Blue land was a fruitful adventure - I secured a print, a painting, a metal design and a Christmas ornament (but not one that says my name or anything like that...)


Anyway, the fun of going to Ann Arbor, Michigan is the diversity in restaurant choices. Mexican, Japenese, Chineese, Indian - sure we all have some touch of those - but the Ethiopian and nearly every culture has a restaurant. Well, to my surprise, I have found the greasiest spooon in town!

It is Blimpie Burger!


A small shack on the corner of Division and Packard host a dozen tables with a keen approach to making sure you are part of what you order. As you stand in line you must order what you want and say it loud and clear - exactly as the menu states it. You tell one person your condiments and garnishes while the other person handles "only the cheese".


The onion rings are drippy good and the fried mushrooms were juicy and devine. It was a fun way to pause during the festival for a bite to eat at lunchtime.


Not a place for a vegeterain, a steadfast dieter or someone who wants to be treated like a King (that is Burger King not Blimpie Burger!)


Anyway, I am headed back today and I will post my findings soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey bud! Just wanted to point out that we do, in fact, have an Ethiopian restaurant. It's on State and Beacon, and is cleverly named, "Ethiopian Restaurant".

Enjoy the festivals!