Saturday

Not even Sunday ...


I have a quiet weekend on tap, going to catch up on some magazine reading, have dinner with a friend that kind of thing ... when the doorbell rings.


Mind you, no one comes to my home without there being a party ... and it is the Haunted Hamlets, so it is either a ghost or it is Melanie. (For anyone who does not recall, Melanie is the phone stalker).


So I open the door to find some young dude in a tie, holding a bible. I thought my gosh, was it not enough that I ran into the Bishop and blessed my elevator dissension! Good gracious, I am not a religious man, but this must be a sign.


I am dress pretty darn casual, but I had taken a shower - so I had my normal gear on - my dog tag, shorts and t shirt.


The dude says that he likes dogs (well, he better or I will have my dog attack him or just lick him to death) and some other dribble small talk. Followed by ....."that I was probably wondering why Jesus would allow a war to break out" - I said I really did not think Jesus was behind it and he then stopped, paused and looked at my chest (I felt violated) and said, oh, sorry sir, you are one with the military.


Yeah, that is right ... me and my Tiffany brand dog tag - whatever ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think God's trying to tell us something. Yesterday some woman came to my house asking if my kid's wanted to come to Vacation Bible School. I said I didn't have kids, she said "Oh" and gave me a look of pity like I was infertile. She even looked down at the ground like she was uncomfortable or ashamed to look upon my spinster self.

But she did invite me to a church concert, so maybe I should go. I think I probably need saved at this point. Divine intervention is the only answer.

Heather14 said...

i'm so glad they are hitting your side of town now. they tire me. . . . but i have a few choice words that usually make them scurry from my door pretty quickly!