Thursday

... Love a Parade...


Well, it is no secret, though I wished it was ... I will be a Grand Marshal for the Three Rivers Festival Parade.


Next Saturday, the parade begins at 10am, I believe I will be riding on one or walking near, or somehow I will be near the front of the parade perhaps waving. I have been a frequent participant in the parade over the years.


I once was with the Bicentennial, once with the All American City, once with St Francis and the rest of the times I have been part of IPFW's action entry into the parade.


I have been told that there will be a "Carbo Glee Club" that will assemble in the Shrine parking lot to let me know (as I pass) that they are there to cheer me on. So, if you are wondering where to hang with the Carbo Glee Club, now you know.


In Carbo fashion, bring food to the 'ye ole picnic sight too - share and share alike! I hope to get through the parade and get back to the group to thank them for getting me, proposing me, as a Grand Marshal.


Oh yes, the Parade is also a magazine of the Fort Wayne Newspaper's Sunday Journal ... and actually it is my favorite part of the Sunday paper.

No comments: