Wednesday

Enjoying the festival...


So tonight I took in Junk Food Alley, or whatever the fancy name is for deep fried food. As I scanned the continuous line of people marching in to the venue I seldom noticed a familiar face.


The entire time I ate my $6 corn dog I kept thinking of the recent report that consumer spending is down, prices are up, and confidence well it does not even exist.


Imagine my surprise when I counted my money at the end of the evening that I had spent $4 to park the car (cheaper than a gallon of gas) $2 for a water and $2.25 for a soda $6 for a corn dog and $6 for a heath bar blizzard called something like blizzard but not because of copy write laws.


One vendor, I do believe it was Nelson's, was passing out free samples - first clue that something is wrong! Well they were passing out free samples of pit-atoes ... so this is what it is ... a red potato that was rolled around the bottom of the charcoal bin and then served with a toothpick. Imagine not just licking an ash tray but rolling your potato in it.


I was with a posse of friends plus a new friend that joined us for frivolity. I ate and sweat it all out so it was a negative carbon moment I am sure!


Anyway, I am glad I went down to see it, enjoy it and I have to say that once a year is plenty soon enough to do this outing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I hope that isn't an ACTUAL person that was at OUR festival. That's AWFUL!
But, I'm really glad you enjoyed the festival. I just got back from vacation and hoping to enjoy a few treats from junk food alley myself! :)