Wednesday

Flying the friendly skies


For the past six years I have been collecting points on Northwest Airlines ... soon to be pillaged by Delta ... and I have airline miles I need to use up ... so I am ....

In a fit of spontaneity I asked a friend to plan to pack for a weekend adventure to the twin cities. There is something fun and exciting about going to Minneapolis. What is cool, is that I can pick up the plane in my own backyard and within a few short hours I am there. Gotta love Fort Wayne International!

So in a couple weeks, I am off to experience the culture, the food, the gorgeous skies and who knows perhaps a spotting of Prince! The city is loaded with museums, and sweet architecture. I am hoping to snap a gazillion pictures too.

I asked the airline lady if my points can be used for anything but airline flights and she blurted no, as if I stepped on her cat. Oh well, at least I asked.

It is a 7am flight on Saturday with a 11pm return on Sunday.

Also - in other Carbo news --- the new blog is almost done and I have officially dropped 15 in 9 days!

No comments: