Wednesday

Song for everyone ... just a different song ...


I think everyone who has gone to a public or private school in the states in the last 60 years has learned the National Anthem. I remember very proudly, very clear. So yesterday as I was driving around town, almost being killed by crazy drivers (read post from yesterday) imagine my surprise to find out there is also a Black National Anthem.


Seriously? It was actually sung before a baseball game. Wow, then I thought, well there is the Gay Anthem ... I Will Survive ... but it is not really national, or is it?


The Black National Anthem was written by James Weldon Johnson.


I don't have a problem with an Anthem for every cause (oh NOW that is a way to raise money, bet someone has not thought of that) but it should not replace the current National Anthem.


Just my two cents but I still find it a tad odd ...

No comments: