Sunday

Literally a float with all the water ...


Well, mark Saturday down in the record books ... it rained on the parade - the two hours before the parade ... let up for the actual parade and then let loose at the conclusion of the parade.


It was a fun parade to be in (as Grand Marshal) and a quick parade but can't say it was spectacular. It was wonderful to have the bands back in action thanks to underwriters. It was wonderful to see the only balloon - Vera Bradley. However there are only so many variations of a cake one wants to see - without eating some. Thus the expression ... have your cake and eat it too...


I saw many people that I knew, and that is always great. Three Rivers Festival was to have the G.M in a special shirt. It was to be mailed to us, but that did not happen. They were to give us the shirt when we got there so we could change into it. Alas, that did not happen either. So we all just rode the parade looking distinctively undistinguished. The Parade float we sat on just had a cake so I think many people thought who are these people and why are they riding on a cake.


I had wore my Michigan t shirt down to the rain fest thinking I was changing before I went down the route ... nope ... but my shirt did seem to engage the public with "Go Blue", or "Boo, Ohio State" so I guess they thought I was a very old, out of shape Michigan cheerleader haha.


Speaking of cheering ... It took a half hour and the help of a friend to find my car at the end of the parade. I thought I parked my car on Runion and Van Buren - well that is impossible since the roads don't ever come together ... so while it rained I toured West Central until my car reappeared on Wayne and Folton ... so similar to where I thought I put it. Oh well, I am 40 ... these senior moments can happen at any time....

2 comments:

John Good said...

Nice to see a view from the other side. . .All in all, not too bad of a parade.

Kristina said...

oh man! I wondered why you were wearing the Michigan shirt. Now it all makes sense.

SO - did you ever get the original t-shirt? Ever?