Saturday

Creamy delights!


Yesterday some friends and I went to Atz Ice Cream to celebrate and rejoice!


- We were blessed to know more about the stellar kids who have been home schooled and have played for Laura Bush ... this came unsolicited from an elderly couple that had the keenest of hearing aides. Well, the lady did ... the guy no so much. He kept wishing a happy birthday to us ... and I extended the same sediment to him. Even though I kept saying it was not our birthday.


- We toasted that the CM of C has doubled in readership as obvious from yesterday's blog that shook up the underground world of, what one person coined, K-dog's fundraising efforts. I have never had so many comments posted on the blog let alone those who emailed. Thanks for reading and always remember, spend money like you don't have it ... lie about a lie you know the truth to ... and remember it is a Christian world for some and the values and ethics are not always universally applied.


- We toasted to some success of my business and also the new door that has opened as one door closes, thankfully. It was a big day yesterday and I am pumped about the future!


- The wonderful thing about Atz ice cream is that the staff is specially trained. I had no idea. They are put through the riggers of being placed into a booth and forced to memorize the menu. There is a test! Well, this was funny (at least for me) because the booth by us was the training booth and the new server was working hard at memorizing the information. The test began and the instructor (aka another waitress) began to ask questions ... the new waitress began to give back the prices ... the trainer said "you don't need to memorize the prices" and the new waitress had that defeated look on her face and said without words "I wasted my time memorizing something I don't need to know!"


Anyway, the Mad Anthony, the peanut butter cup and the kiddie clown cone were a huge success but all of us at the table. A great way to spend a summer night - a Friday night ... in Fort Wayne.

No comments: