Monday

Something trivial


Yesterday I finished up some packing and moving of the sun room. I attended a showing for a friend who passed away and the rest of the time I sat myself in front of the television.


I drifted off to sleep between episodes of Splash of Color and Design to Sell and 10 other programs which had the same theme but different titles. Not only are the television programs alike, so are the commercials. If you are having problem with your living room, bedroom, kitchen or simply selling your house it is very easy - if the walls are white or beige then you paint them red. If your house is red walled, then you paint it beige, with red carpet or red accents.


I heard about cars that are being given away with .99 gas for the first year ... I heard about medication that will stop your period so you will only have 4 per year ... Even about a pill or rather a medicated device that will stop you from becoming pregnant for five years - now mind you there are serious side effects, but still you can whore it up without getting pregnant. There is a big push by Rosetta Stone to help everyone learn another language... And Robin Hood steals candy from others ... and kept them for himself.


There was also a rash of candy bar commercials - which made me wonder - what are the top selling candy bars. Thanks to the Internet, I did find out my answer.


M&Ms $97 million
Hershey's Milk Chocolate $81 million
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups $54 million
Snickers $53 million
KitKat $38 million
Twix $33 million
York Peppermint Patty $25 million
Peter Paul Almond Joy $23 million
Butterfinger $22 million
Three Musketeers $ 19 million


Kind of interesting, maybe not, but when you consider that television yesterday was all about the same, this bit of trivia felt like something sent from the Dalai Lama.

No comments: