Saturday

State of the Carbo Estate (or is it Compound)


Okay, the house is coming along despite some surprise mistakes ... but that is another post (oh, wait, I already did that post ... now I have wall that was taken out by mistake...hmm, that happens everyday doesn't it?)


I have seen the first cabinet front and I am rocked by how sleek and cool it is. So, it is on to matching the rest of the stuff up ... my two walls which are not either travertine marble or granite/onyx/marble will be painted a color called "toasty" which sounds warm but not burnt eh! The ceilings will be Spanish laced (wish the word was Italian laced but it is not). Oh, before you write the hate mail ... I am not anti-Spanish just that my home is having an Italian theme ...


I need to get a painting commissioned for the dining section of the kitchen. I intend to use some of my pictures from Italy on the walls by the windows which now overlook the mini forest of trees. The picture above is the table I will have ... but not the chairs or any of the crazy decor.


As this room evolves the rest of the house must follow suit. So the entrance of my house is getting a "freshening up" as the marble cabinet which was along the wall, will now be on the staircase side giving me back another wall for art. I am re-using my Terry Ratliff from the living room to be moved to the entrance. It is a great piece and I think this will be the ideal spot for it.


The formal sitting room is now being transformed into a conversation pit with overstuffed leather chairs and a terrazzo table as the center piece. Think Oprah set but no cameras. I regain a new wall for art with this plan and I am hoping to find this in Ann Arbor next month.


My wall of fame is getting a shot in the arm as it not only will be finally complete (uggh, work in progress for a year) but the picture frames will be enclosed in a shelving system which will allow perfect symmetry! Yeah for me ... more structure.


Lower level ... well, now that the almost new carpet will be replaced with new carpet ... I will make the bar room flow into the music room with more ease now. My walls are a darker brown color while the ceiling is a very lite blue. The leather sofa from the upper level will make its way down as will the chase lounge that is off the master suite. Another terrazzo table will round out the room which will host the juke box and a bar top table.


So I feel by recycling some of the items and infusing something new (that may just look old) will create the ideal place for Clyde to call it a night.

No comments: