Monday

Missed opportunity...


So I am hanging with a friend of a friend and she tells me she does not eat hamburger. I said just hamburger? She said well anything beef.


I nodded.


She proceed to tell me she was not a vegetarian as she likes foods that oink, or swim, even cluck just not moo.


I nodded.


She said that she used to eat hamburgers with mustard - and steak with A1 sauce. She realized she was only doing this because she liked the condiments but not the main item.


I nodded, but then got puzzled to why? So I asked the question ... Did you grow up with a cow?


She looked puzzled, nearly taken aback, perhaps even offended. She said what kind of question is that, did I grow up with a cow?!?


In my mind, I am thinking that perhaps she grew up on a farm, perhaps raising cattle and grew attached to the emotion of a cow and could not see one slaughtered for food.


She looked at me and then said, is that a pick up line?


Now, I am taken aback, puzzled ... but I responded, well, actually yes, it is .... this line used to work on the 4H circuit but I can tell by your reaction that I am not succeeding today.


She now was trying to figure out if I was being truthful or was being sarcastic. Anyone who knows me, knows what frame of mind I was in ... she later told me that beef taste like her coat. I have to wonder, if her coat taste like chicken.

5 comments:

barranda said...

That story is almost as random as that picture of the hamburger.

Carbo said...

You wouldn't expect anything of substance now would you haha

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm a vegetarian, and even I am confused! I guess her point should be "I don't like the flavor of beef, so I don't eat it."?? She sounds either like a confused vegetarian or someone that's had a brush with mad cow disease.

By the way, I wish I could've been there for that witty exchange. In print, it looked like outtakes from the old Dragnet shows. LOL!

Anonymous said...

How does she know what her coat tastes like?

barranda said...

I don't know, I kinda like the mad-stalker stories!