Thursday

Survey Says ...


Recently I read a survey of what foods people despise ... some of them were a surprise while others I embrace the idea!


I am pretty much a "man of the grocery store" ... not much in there do I not enjoy. I love to cook, I love to eat out and really food is more important to me than most of my worldly possessions.


The list of the 20 most hated foods:

1. Liver (uggh, the smell is toxic)

2. Lima Beans (yummy with mashed potatoes)

3. Mayonnaise (perfect with turkey)

4. Mushrooms (stuff'em with sausage or like Deb prepares them!)

5. Eggs (yummo, one of my favorites)

6. Okra (think the word is kinda funny)

7. Beets (if you have tried my friend Tammy's beets then this would not have made the list)

8. Brussel Spouts (perfect slung with a rubber band)

9. Tuna (this is the way to my heart, make a tuna casserole)

10. Gelatin (gotta love jello!)

11. Sour Cream (can take it or leave it)

12. Pea Soup (I will hurl if I see this mess in a bowl)

13. Oysters (deep fry about anything and it will be good!)

14. Peas (like them on a salad, or with a nice hunk o beef)

15. Raisins (super in my bowl of bran!)

16. Cooked Carrots (cook them in rootbeer and you have a delightful dish!)

17. Onions (again deep fry them!)

18. Cilantro (love the smell)

19. Maple syrup (on my pancakes baby cooked on my new Griddle!)

20. Blueberries (what about muffins or pancakes!)


Well, I am not a fan of the scallop either because it hates me ... death by crazy round fish!

Anyway, what is your list of foods that you would not eat!?!

3 comments:

barranda said...

"man of the grocery store" - I like it. I too am pretty much equal opportunity when it comes to my tummy.

I say that I don't like mushrooms, but when it comes down to it, I eat them all the time and actually enjoy a good stir fry with them. However, there are times when I simply cannot stand the smell.

I'm also surprised blue cheese didn't make the list. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love blue cheese, but I know that certain people are repulsed by it.

Heather14 said...

I find it very interesting what some people love and some abhor! I'm a very picky eater, but found several things on the list that I DO like. Peas, good. Carrots, good. anything bovine . .. yikes!! and anything that swims . . no way. But even lima beans like you said can be good with some mashed potatoes!

Anonymous said...

I am not picky eater and will try most things and love most of the items on that list. But Ketchup disgust me. I don't know if it is ketchup so as the big ugly plastic bottle it is packaged in.