Wednesday

The forbidden fruit...


Okay, so I am not a big fruit and vegetable person --- perhaps in a stir fry or pickled in a watermelon with vodka or something ... but you would seldom see me sit down to a smorgasbord of fruits and vegetables.

Well, now I am craving a tomato! Got to have one, just need it sliced up with salt or with cheese perhaps even some extra virgin olive oil ... EVOO for you Rachel Ray fans.

However the FDA says no. The agency warned consumers over the weekend to avoid certain raw red plum, red Roma and red round tomatoes and products containing them...

Yesterday at lunch my burger could not have a tomato! My lunch friend could not order the BLT ... the waitress even asked her what she wanted as her "T".

I am craving salsa too! Fresh not that can stuff ... I want to make my own... oh wait, I have NO kitchen.

It had always been said if you ate fruits and vegetables you would be healthy ... I think this was from PETA ... so now I am wondering if they are protesting tomato stands as well as fur coat retailers.

Anyway, I am going to go through backyards of people's homes to find a tomato on a vine. I just have to figure out who my one phone call may be if I get caught. Oh, and speaking of that ... I got a phone call message on my voice mail from Allen County Lock Up ... call from a "Jeff". I did not get the message and I don't know a Jeff (other than Burger Chef and Jeff). So I kinda feel bad that he wasted his only call to leave a voice message ... so Jeff is S.O.L.

No comments: