Friday

Things I think or things I know ...


I have always found the combined names of two people to make one as being totally odd ... Brangelina for example ... but then I think that it works for Hillary and Bill Clinton ... Hillbilly!


I thought I believed bumper stickers to be a waste toward the resale of your automobile ... I have since learned that the more bumper stickers on your car the more rage you drive with ... So the "My child is an honor role student" and "Proud Parent" driver is more apt to run you off the road then then the "Jesus take the wheel" driver.


I thought that when I ate Italian food again that I would forget the April adventure to Italy ... Well, today I ate at Casa's and thought ... Oh my - how horrible is our Italian food in America in contrast to the mother land! I had fettuccine alla carbonara ... not a good rendition of the classic meal.


I thought this week would never conclude ... remodeling, rebuilding is stressful ... luckily for me, nothing will happen at the house until Monday. I think I will clean up a bit!


I thought that I could not be inspired much beyond the level I have achieved... I was wrong. Yesterday I attended an award ceremony where my mentor of nearly 20 years received recognition for her grand work for an agency and in the community as a volunteer. I have to tell you it has inspired me to do more, longer and with more zest than any other point in my life.


So ... I am wondering what are your thoughts?

1 comment:

barranda said...

Spaghetti Carbonara is one of my (few) specialties. While I'll never be able to match the one I had just down the way from Trevi Fountain, I think my dish holds its own to what I've had in most restaurants around here.