Tuesday

Only my good side ...


Growing up Carbo, when I was in fifth grade, I was in my first commercial. It was funny because most kids do not get to be in a commercial so I thought I was really special.


So when I returned to school after summer break, I was beaming to tell people. My best friend, Amy, who I have known since I was 9, was beaming too and I thought you just wait until I share what I did this summer. Girls go first ... She spouted that she was in a commercial for Fred Toenges shoes!


I thought no way! This was my moment how could we both have done the same thing this summer that was not going to the "lake" or Cedar Point. Well, I shared that I was in a commercial and it was for a restaurant.


So, we both celebrated as being the two kids who were on television (one may have thought we were in Grease ... um, because that was about the same time too) nonetheless, it was a real cool moment.


Flash foward today ... a very dear friend of mine is shooting a regional commercial (meaning those in Indiana will see it) and the need for extras/volunteers is what she is seeking. Somehow, I am a tad too recognizable to be in it (guess my 1978 commercial caught the eyes of all the local producer haha) but this is a great opportunity for you to hear lights action camera!


So if you would like to know more ... you can contact Heather at PUNCH Films, 740.6851 or heather@punchfilms.com with a head shot. They also need an adorable girl who is 5 or 6 for the commercial ... so she can go back to school and tell all her friends like I did nearly 20 years ago!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Amy's dearly departed Dad put all the Huntertown Wildcat cheerleaders in a Fred T. commercial for a line called "Yum-Yums!" It went like this: "Two Bits, Four Bits, Six Bits a dollar. All for YUM YUMS stand up and holler." Everywhere we went that season for games people were yelling at us, "Hey, it's the Yum Yum girls", but I know it's just because they were all jealous of how cool we were.