Tuesday

House divided


Well, my home is the official site of construction in progress... half of the house is living space currently the other half is under deep construction.


The new kitchen is completely framed. The new windows will be installed today (ready for the first bird to fly into it). The entire kitchen is bare nothing to cook on or eat off of ... the official diet just began.


The cabinets are being custom made. They are a brownish-red smooth maple cabinet front. The goal is to have a 33 foot counter top without interruption. Clean, clear lines is the vision I have. There are three 9 foot tall glass cabinets which anchor both ends of the counter and one dead center.


I have my soapstone counters on order as well as a deep farmer's sink which will be hand created ... woohoo. Soapstone starts out a grey color and with mineral oil and time it will turn a deep black with veins of grey/white running through it ... my style is called venneta.


The faucet has been ordered and received confirmation it has been sent. It will be a wall faucet which I think is kinda cool. It is a brushed nickel.


Most of my lighting will be can lights - again without much interruption for the eye. I do have one light above the kitchen table. It is made of shell but it is not oceanic.


Anyway, this is the progress on the home. Only two and one half months more ... I ate pop tarts for breakfast and am wondering what my dinner may be ...


No comments: