Thursday

Eating out ...review


Just the other day I ate lunch at Hall's Hollywood (the one that is located on Lima Road and Coliseum Blvd). I saw a banner outside that boasted the "Big Buster Platter" special. Well, the sign is announcing an upcoming special ... the sign got me in and of course I stayed in ...


I ordered the big buster platter, which comes with a salad, french fries and of course Hall's version of the Big Mac. My salad was a very wet salad --- I would have dressed it up to call it "Rain Forest Fresh" - I have never had a wet salad before ... the water clung to the lettuce and did not sit in the bottom of the bowl. It was a modern day miracle. There was fresh cheddar cheese shavings on and a big ole cucumber. It was not bad just wet.


My sandwich came and it was exactly as I remembered the sandwich to be ... jam packed full of sauce, flavor and a hamburger as thin as the Journal Gazette the day of a national holiday. My french fries were good but had a flavor that I could not pin point. I liked the flavor, it reminded of something but I could not distinguish what it was.


Lucky for me, or perhaps it was the overhearing of the neighboring booth, that ordered the lunch special of fried chicken. My fries tasted like fried chicken. Hmm, wonder how that happens!


Overall, it was a good lunch - a few things I would do different. The price was right though, I ate for under 8 bucks with a decent tip. So, I can't complain (anymore than I may have just did)

No comments: