Wednesday

Things I hate ...

I was at a meeting yesterday and it reminded how much I cringe, nearly crawl out of my skin over the sound of Styrofoam. Perhaps this is my aversion to fast food. At one point in time, my fillet-o-fish came in, albeit, handsome blue one, but it was Styrofoam all the same.

I think I have gone as far to say that I am allergic to Styrofoam. It is like running fingers down a blackboard. This is an inherited trait, as one of my parents has the same allergy.

I have been happy to find hamburger is now packaged in a plastic roll rather than on a Styrofoam tray. It is those damn egg people who have not got it together yet for me. I still buy eggs, I have no choice but I put it in my cart like they are 12 mini grenades.

Perhaps this is why I do not drink coffee, because of the cups that most people serve it in. I am cautious when I buy anything that has to deal with Styrofoam, because they form an amoeba of it around the item when it is being shipped.

I hate more than just Styrofoam, some other time I will rant about another dislike.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can relate - I cringe at cotton balls and other stiff cotton materials.

Try bringing your own cup for them to fill, and many organic egg farms will package eggs in plastics or cardboard.

Good luck with your continued battle against styrofoam.