Sunday

Recipe


Last night, I had an impromptu dinner for a friend and we caught up on life and travel. I made a dessert off the top of my head that turned out pretty decent and I thought I would share the recipe as I made it.
2 Red pears and 2 green pears cut in half (from top to bottom). Place in a flat container pouring a cup of Cognac atop of them, the juice of one orange squeezed by hand (and that small surface cut you have, yeah, you will notice it big time) and 3/4 tub of crumbled maytag bleu cheese. Put a lid on it and let is sit for about an hour in the refrigerator. When it is time to have dessert, in a large pan melt a 1/2 stick of butter. Keep on a medium to medium high heat and place the exposed side of the pear onto the pan. Pour the contents into the pan also. Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar and continue to move the liquids and cook them down until you make carmel. This process will take about 15 minutes or 20 but when it is a rich brown carmel you know you have made the dessert. Place pear on plate, with a dab of ice cream and enjoy Pears ala Carbo.

No comments: