Monday

Read'em and weep


Over my life span I have had five roommates full time and there have been extended guests too, but realistically I have lived with five people. What they all could tell you (except for the one that is not alive) is that when I read a magazine and find something interesting I have to share it. Quirky? Yes, but it just seems like I am just sharing very important information, in true, I am just sharing something interesting to me. Since Carbo is living alone and loving it, I thought I would share a few facts with you today.
The percentage of Brits who think a woman can prevent pregnancy if she jumps up and down immediately after sex is ... 33%. (Now that I know this, it will be very helpful if someone breaks out in some MaryLou Retton moment following a special moment!)
Reports state that eating a clove of garlic a day will prevent a heart attack. (It also will stop the first fact from even being an option)
The percentage of Icelandic population that believe "elves" definitely exists .... 10%. (The word is elves not Elvis, who truly does exist, yet today)
Fallen holidays not everyone takes full advantage of: February 25 National Pancake Day, August 9 National underwear day, September 15 is National Apple Day. (Talk to your human resource manager to lobby for at least one of these days off work.)
People who drink 2.5 cans of soda are three times more likely to be depressed and anxious compared to those who do not consume as much.
If you walk into a home and the chairs have their backs toward the entrance, this would mean the home owner is very private. (So, if you do go and find this most likely you invited yourself over or just showed up at their door.)
A person who has visible collections of post cards, matchbooks and tickets stubs is an adventurous and sensations seeker.
So, this is what you have missed by not living with Carbo! For the record, I have chairs that face every direction and I don't drink soda. No one has ever jumped up and down after sex and I have ticket stubs in visible eye sight in my home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, now do guys have to wonder if when their special ladies jump up and down after sex - does that mean she doesn't want to get pregnant, or was it just so wonderful she's jumping up and down for joy?!?!

Carbo said...

:) I am afraid to say that I haven't seen anyone jump up and down .... so I am probably the wrong guy to ask haha