Saturday

Fort Wayne in 1 year under Kelty!


With CBS premiering a show called "Kid's Nation" only has given rise to the Kelty philosophy. Have you checked out his myspace? He has 51 friends, which that part sounds about right. I doubt he is lying or not tell the truth on that matter. The list highly tilts to the youth. Which, I understand, myspace is more youth driven but trust me they need to be able to get out and vote.
I have always floated through politics supporting good ideas and good values. I am beyond struggling to support the idea that his approach is like putting a bag over a bottle of Arbor Mist and saying that is it a 72 oz Gulp. True, it is a gulp, but it is not THE GULP.
Something about wrapping himself in the cloth of Mother Teresa and proclaiming to be our next Pope, rather Mayor, very much bothers me. Running the city of Fort Wayne is not the same as putting money in the collection basket, flipping pancakes, holding Palm leaves and driving with the In God We Trust license plate. Trust me, when negotiating to bring a large corporation to town, it will be a very small likelihood the question of faith, guidance and Sunday service hours will come up in the economic development of our community.
Everyone believes in something, passionately. Whether religion, principles or Swiss Cakes, something burns the fire from within. Believe me, that if I was running for Mayor, the last thing anyone will want to know is how many Swiss Cakes I eat or what church I visit on Sunday. The important facts would be the vision of securing jobs, cleaning up the city, being fiscally responsibility with the high taxes and how to promote the city.
So I pause and wonder why all we have heard on TV, radio and internet sights is how religious he is. For some votes, this will be important while others may question why every conversation has to state religion. I am beyond my breaking point of being force fed religion as my staple to a better Fort Wayne. By the way I don't eat Swiss Cakes every day, that would just be irresponsible, for God sakes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Carbo!

Anonymous said...

I completely agree...very well stated!

Julie Morrison said...

CARBO FOR MAYOR!