Saturday

We are the Limo people ...



Last night, two of my friends were celebrating birthdays so I decided we were going to live it up in style! A friend of mine helped contact the invitees. Our plan was to meet at Eddie Merlot's at 7:30 p.m. celebrate over a beverage and the limo would pick us up.




My drink was a Pineapple Upside down Martini. Trust me one is all you need to have a reoccurring sugar coma. If you are going to go, this just may be the drink you would want to sip all night. Our limo arrived and we all scurried into it. I should pause to say that this adventure was probably more of an event for my ego than it was for the two birthday people. Why? Well, six sexy women and me. We could have just drove around the Jefferson Point parking lot for four hours and I think it would have been a success in my book!
The limo was taking us to a mystery destination. The further north we drove the more confused and inquisitive the gang became. Thank goodness no motion sickness or just any kind of sickness because we drove almost an hour. All we could do was drink a couple bottles of champagne, and a couple bottle of vodka. The hell of it all, forced to drink! The adventure did not seem so long after all. We arrived at Caruso's in Angola.


Upon arriving to the restaurant, the fear I had was that they closed at 9pm on a Friday and we were not arriving until 9:30 pm. So I rush into the joint and tell them, we are the limo people who called and asked if you would stay open? Well, not sure if it was my good looks, my eagerness or the fact that we were the limo people, but we got a table. We literally drank the bar out of alcohol. No more cranberry juice, no Malibu, no flavored vodka. I did say that if they needed cranberry juice we had some outside in the limo. I just got a look. Guess I was not as adorable as I thought haha. We were told that the grill was turned off so all we could have was pizza. Well, she did not have to pause as we ordered three pizzas, a sausage roll and two of the messiest platters of bread sticks any hangover could request. We laughed and told stories and somehow our nappy headed asses needed to get back in the limo to go to our next destination.
Our next stop was Club Soda, but before we could get there, we needed to jam to 80's dance music, sing with Gloria Gaynor and rolled down the window to speak WORD with the brutha's. Well, somethings sound better at the time than they do this morning. Though no confrontation or phone numbers given, wait, yes! there was a phone number slipped down the cleavage of one of our curvy women. We did arrive at our last destination on the Limo People adventure.
At Club Soda we ordered more martinis and toasted one final time to the great fun that friends can bring when brought together. It was a classy evening that did allow one of the birthday girls to go home with an apple, a honey bear, a phone number and we all shared a great evening together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,

Thanks so much for everything! We all had a blast cruising around in the limo, venturing to Caruso's and laughing it up along the way.

Love,

Nappy-headed Shell

Deidra C. Gulley said...

Okay, since you party with woman so damn well, need to get my birthday on your calendar of things to do. Hardy har har...but April 8th is still far enough away for something grand to be planned...I mean,at that point we will have known each other for 15 years...and I will be forty five (it looks better spelled out than the number written) can you believe that! Wow...its a small world!

Julie Morrison said...

I guess my invite was lost in the mail (???) My birthday is January 9th...and I do love me some girly martini's and 80's music!

Anonymous said...

What a FABULOUS night! Thank you soooo much Mark!

Ciao Bello!
Gina