Thursday

Things I love ...

One of the greatest parts of Halloween is the fact that mini heath bar becomes available! As if they were not hard enough to begin with, I put them in the freezer and treat myself to a wonderful crunch.

Which is truly ironic because I hate crunchy food. I don't eat garlic bread that is crunchy and other things that come from the oven and are hard. But the Heath Bar is a true delight all frozen and yummy for the tummy!

I am not really the house where kids go trick or treating. I live in the haunted retirement community known as the Hamlets, so if I receive one trick or treater it is because they really came to soap my windows. I don't give out Heath bars, I normally give out the big giant candy bars because I figure if you drove your ass all the way out here for a piece of candy, it should have been worth your drive.

What kind of candy do you love?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark, I have a really good recipe for chocolate covered toffee candy -- very Heath bar like. Do you want it? Dee

Anonymous said...

I love them too!! Are you like me that you buy several now to stockpile throughout the year?! I don't care what the shelf life of those things are supposed to be. If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger, right?

I also have a recipe that uses Heath bars...its for a PYI!

Carbo said...

Send the recipes! YUMMO

Unknown said...

Ummm.... I am going to be dressing up and driving my happy ass to your house for Halloween!! Anyone giving out full size candy bars deserves to see me dressed like Scooby-Doo.

Anonymous said...

Toffee like Heath Bars

• 1 1/3 Cup Sugar
• 2 Sticks of Blue Bonnet Margarine
• 3 Tablespoons water
• 1 Tablespoon light Karo
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
• 12 Oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
• ¾ cup chopped pecans
Directions

• Melt all ingredients except chips and pecans. Cook over medium heat until 300 -- stir the whole time. All of sudden it gets brownish, start to smell like candy, fast, then take off

• Pour hot mixture in greased cookie sheet. It won’t cover the whole cookie sheet, around 6 X 10”. Then spread it out

• Pour chips over it – wait a little bit to spread it out – sprinkle with pecans. Then set aside, it will set in a couple of hours

• When set, take a butter knife on it, whack at it to chunk it up