Friday

Falling down

Somehow fall will arrive without me being prepared. I am one who has always loved fall, but I thought summer just begun so my life has flipped like a children's book with the pictures in the corner. You know the book, that you hold and flip the pages and it tells a story.

I did the flip book in my mind of all things that have happened this summer and I do now realize that each day was packed with some great moment. I am glad to have the office painted, my guest bedroom is painted, I have attended Michigan football games, I attended concerts, I went to an art fair, I have been to the Barr Street Market and bought my two ears of corn, had a limo ride that was awesome, learned how to cook Indian food, held a wine tasting on the floor of my living room, I walked in a parade, I attended festivals (and took out small loans to do so), I was the co-chair of a community's capital campaign, this should also say that I had great dinners with friends and family too.

Though the summer passed me by, it is not without tons of memories and exciting times. I am hoping my fall is just as exciting. What is happening in your flip picture book in your mind?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that it is officially "fall" I'd like to comment on two things: One, the exiting, overwhelming, and BIG time I enjoyed with you at the MI/ND game....thanks so much for awesome, entertainment, food, and fun. Two, a big THANK YOU for pushing all of us to keep up with you!

This is not a flip book retrospective like your fall recollection may have been - I'm falling forward at this point, not back. Thanks.