Thursday

Not exactly but close

Last night was my first of two cooking classes on Indian Vegetarian cooking. It was taught at Elmhurst High School. First let me begin by saying that if you signed the petition that said NO to air condition being put into the school system you should be shot with an arrow. I want to tell you I felt as if I was in India! My sweat was sweating!



Anyway two other friends attended with me and we had a great time we learned to make a rice that had bay leaves (which I guess you can eat, but my grandmother had said they would slice your throat on the way down), cloves, and some other spices. This was the foundation for the main course which consisted of chick peas and many spices.

Can I go back to how damn hot it was in the room? I even opened the freezer door praying that it could cool the room or just me. We did have a fan that was for the room but we pretty much dominated it. So when our instructor was asking about hot in flavor, I thought lady bring it on, it can not be more hot than this room. And I was correct, the spice of the food never was as hot as the room.

Anyway, the final class is next Wednesday and I am looking forward to it. I am going to bring my own ice bucket to stay cool. In the mean time, I am going to Taj Mahal for more Indian food.







No comments: