Sunday

Carbo strikes his vote!


The key race of course is for Mayor of Fort Wayne. The contenders are Republican Matt Kelty and Democrat Tom Henry. This is the most simple pick on the ballot except for Sandra Kennedy, she runs alone as City Clerk. Tom Henry has my endorsement. I would not give Matt Kelty a glass of urine-water from a NASA space station. (see previous blog). If you ask Kelty anything about his campaign he does not know. He did not do it. Did not understand. Comprehend... Sign the documents... Speak with... Ask about or have knowledge about anything.... Can you imagine a Mayor like this? His campaign cabinet are friends. Can you imagine being his friend and always being hung out to dry? Cake? What cake? I don't eat cake? Loans? Don't know anything about them? Vote Henry and SAVE OUR CITY!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are no other Mayoral candidates on the ballot, but if I were to be a write in, I would run the platform that no smoking and no children under 12 in restaurants. Anyone who has an "In God We Trust" license plate would have to use special roads too. Welfare can last up to six months then take a fricken job, would ya!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
First district (which I can't vote but will give my two cents): Byron Peters (L), Kevin Boyd(D) and Tom Smith (R). I lean heavily on two candidates. Tom Smith because he has done a decent job on city council so far and Byron Peters because he has his head on straight and is a very articulate speaker. Plus I do love the chicken enchiladas at the 412 Club. That alone wins my vote.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second district (which I can't vote but will give my two cents): Jonathan Bartels (L), Karen Goldner (D) and Don Schmidt (R). Well this is a no brainer. Since 1971 Don Schmidt has served and sat in the same seat, most likely with the same plaid jacket. It is time to move into the right century with the right candidate, I endorse Karen Goldner. There is not much debate on this topic. Don is anti-Harrison Square and virtually against anything that anyone under 55years of age would like for our city's future. Or as he might say "Those damn kids"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Third district: (which I can't vote but will give my two cents): Gloria Diaz (L), Tom Didier (R) and Deb McBride (D). Hmm, well this seems easy also. Have never heard Gloria Diaz speak about what she believes in or stands for. In addition, for the Young Leaders candidate night she not only did not participate but did not have time to give a pitch for the candidate overview book of why she should be considered for the office. You got to love the singing Council man, so I vote for the high note with Tom Didier.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fourth district: (which I can vote for, cause I live in Haunted Hamlets): Mitch Harper (R) and Chris Stewart (D). This is a real tough one. I am a Republican by button pushing in the primary, but I have to tell you that both of these candidates bring a great deal of energy to the table and we can't go wrong with either Mitch or Chris. I went to school with Chris so I can attest to his leadership, follow through and personality. Mitch I have met a couple times and found him to be just as sharp. My button will be pressed for Chris Stewart.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Fifth district: (which I can't vote for but I do have an opinion on this one too) Ron Buskirk (R), Robert Fuller (L) or Tim Pape (D). This one is kind of funny because I almost want to vote Fuller because I want to see what our community could be like with segeways and mulch in parking lots, but then again if Schmidt is at the table we won't have any of this talk. I have liked the Buskirk name, because I was a two time voter for Linda. However, Pape came out strong for Harrison Square and I would cast my vote in his direction.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sixth district: (again, I can't vote in but will tell ya what I think): Robert Enders (L), Joe Smith (R) or Glynn Hines (D). Umm, Glynn Hines - need I say more. Something about the simple name of Bob or Joe in this race makes me want to think complex with a name like Glynn!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Council at Large: what a tough field of good candidates: Marty Bender (R) Michael Brightbill (L) Liz Brown (R) John Crawford (R) Tom Essex Jr (D) Doug Horner (L) William Larsen (L) Denise Porter Ross (D), John Shoaff (D). Lets start backward: the following I have no interest in because I have not heard a strong enough case: Dough Horner, William Larsen, Michael Brightbill and Tom Essex. A no vote because I never thought he did much the last time he served, Marty Bender. Well this narrows the field to Brown, Crawford, Porter-Ross or Shoaff. I can only select three so Shoaff is out because he does not support Harrison Square. Porter Ross seems to be full of fire and energy. She is not going to let brush grow under her feet. Crawford took the city by storm and voted for Harrison Square and Liz Brown, she is attractive. Well, that is not why I would vote for her, but she is. She also is pro Harrison Square and has vision.
So there you have it ... the Caro pre-election vote.

1 comment:

John Good said...

Pretty good picks. Glad to see another blog for Chris Stewart!