Sunday

Thanksgathering ...


Well, I am just a month away from Thanksgathering. It is the annual Thanksgiving party where I make the turkey and the guests bring some sort of side dish, dessert, bottle of beverage or something to add to the feast.


It began as a singles event, where we all could celebrate a holiday together. However it has evolved into a bit more and needless to say, it is a grand time.


How do you get invited? Well, it is very simple, just tell me you would like to attend. Some lucky people were personally invited because they have attended in the past, but nothing says a party like coming to a Carbo gig. Space is limited, because it is a sit down affair.
Second Sunday in November at noon. I provide a few turkeys and some wine and other amenities and the rest is up to you. Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. I think because the entire day is focused around food. Easter is about eggs and chocolate (and oh yeah, the religious aspect). Christmas is about gifts (and I really don't need anything). Valentines Day is a dreadful day for romance (I lost that in the divorce). Halloween is about candy and goblins (I am all about the candy, goblins - I can do without). Arbor Day! Well, who doesn't love a tree, now come'on!
For many years, Thanksgiving was not able to be shared with my family as they were not around. I was not going to let this holiday pass me by so I created Thanksgathering. It has grown from about a dozen people to probably close to three dozen this year. That may be a lot of PIE for me! Woohoo.
Drop me a note and let me know if you would like to be part of the second largest annual event in the Carbo house.

No comments: