Tuesday

A look ahead...


Election time is rapidly approaching. Yesterday at the Downtown Rotary Club, Matt Kelty spoke to give his views of how he would take our city by storm if he was Mayor.


One thing I can say about Matt Kelty, he could talk a crazy man from the top of a roof and promise him a raise. He is an excellent speaker. Except every time he speaks I am playing a game of true or false in my head. Though I do not get a prize for my winning answers.
Another change coming up is the lead chair at the Chamber of Commerce will become vacant at the same time the Mayor's chair will. Timing is everything isn't it?
If I were to vote today I would for Tom Henry for Mayor. Not a tough decision in the least bit. Registered Republican but proudly striking the Democratic button the Mayoral race. I wish I could vote for Karen Goldner, but I live in the wrong part of town. Don's time has come (or is at least very near the last breath stage).
One must question the impact Invent Tomorrow has had on our community. I am sure the list of milestones reads like a political campaign, but I can say that three adventures to other cities has not yielded anything of noteworthy news on our riverbanks.
I know the sun will come out tomorrow, but I am not sure we have the most amazing leaders coming out tomorrow. I fear more about our city's future than I do about the environment. I feel that the environment will slowly erode. Our city will crumble if the right leaders do not step forward and take charge.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Mark,

Some excellent commentary. I fully agree about Kelty's speaking ability. He talks in very intoxicating platitudes, until you actually look at the substance of the message. It's usually a little thin.

Interesting thoughts on Invent Tomorrow. It kind of goes along with what I have perceived, but I wasn't sure if I was the only one.

Sheri said...

I'll add you to list of those smart enough to see through the smoke and mirrors. Actually the smoke is a bit thick and the mirrors are very dirty.

Go Tom!

Anonymous said...

I too have seen Matt speak. He's poised . . . but he says NOTHING. (I've debated with him for fun too, that was amusing). Tom I know personally. I know his wife and family. They are good people. Good, hardworking, honest people who love this city. Registerd D and proud to vote for Tom!