Wednesday

Don't walk this way ...


As you all probably know, I live in the haunted Hamlets. I normally leave for work before the sun comes up and nearly every day there is some old person walking down the center of the road.


Here is the deal, we have sidewalks on both sides of the road. It is dark out, there are trees which produce enough shadows as it is anyway. You can not see these people. One would think their white hair would reflect and I would be able to see them, but I can't.
I know that one day I will speed bump (or speedupppp) on one of these neighbors and never know it.
Which reminds me of when I was growing up Carbo and the President's Council on Physical Fitness. I was not the skinny child, so if you are looking at old school photographs you will probably recognize me. Yes, swiss cakes and zingers were popular then also. Anyway, I remember standing in the gym, being no more than 8 and looking up this crazy rope that was hanging from a beam. Somehow I was expected to shimmy up that rope and touch the top of the beam. Why? I didn't understand. Did I do it? Hell no! It really defies gravity for a little rotund child to levitate two stories up a scratch rope.
I don't have a problem with exercise or programs or incentives I just think that when your exercise comes between me and you, then there is a problem. Use the sidewalk! When you see the headlights, or my music blaring over 10 decibels (because I can listen to my music as loud as I want, it is American haha) then get over onto the sidewalk.
Words of advice ...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That was so funny I think I just wet my pants!

Anonymous said...

all of us old people walk in the middle of the street! the rhoades' are guilty of this. please don't run us over.

Carbo said...

I would hate to make you a speeddddduuupppp :)

Unknown said...

Maybe they walk in the middle of the street because if they fall and can't get up... someone will see them! Help, I've fallen...

Maybe if they see you coming in your Benz with the tunes crankin' it will motivate them to move it or lose it!