Saturday

Honky Talkin'


Last night, in order to celebrate Clyde's birthday, I went to see Sara Evans at the Coliseum. Third row seats, up close and personal. It was an awesome concert.
It began with dinner at Uno's. Have not been there in ages, split nachos and a peanut butter dessert. I know, hate mail is coming I can tell, I am well aware Uno's is a pizza place, but the menu has more selections than Flannigan's! Not that I have been to Flannigan's in about three years, but it was fast, simple and sharable.
The concert began with newcomer Luke Bryan (I think, I had not heard of him). Nice guy, very flirtatious with the female audience and he got great audience response. I don't think you will see him opening for Garth Brooks, or being Garth Brooks rival in the near future. Next was Josh Turner. He sings the same songs about 17 different ways. Deep voice, low register and if you close your eyes the songs sound like they never end.
Finally, Sara Evans took the stage, by storm. Pumping out all of her greatest hits, from her newly released Greatest Hits album. Her two sisters sang back up and her brother was front and center too.
I have been to see Sara twice this year. Oh no, I am a stalker and did not know it until I just wrote it out. I saw her in February in Indianapolis. Saw her in June in Nashville, and finally October here in the Fort. She looked and sounded the best in the Fort. She has slimmed down, she has learned to take full advantage of being on the stage, and her dancing has improved greatly.
What I also noticed with Sara this time, she is a "super star" that craves the attention, but she did not make eye contact with the audience directly. You know what I mean, when they get to the section and look, or point or act as if the artists singled you out and sang the song to you. Nope, not this round with Sara, she was filming for a video not performing on the stage for a live audience. So, mixed review: great highlights but some deep low registers, oh, that was not meant to be about Josh :)

No comments: