Wednesday

Huge issues facing our community...


<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>




Tonight was the YLNI the Vote! An educational forum for the candidates running for public office to give insight to the matters affecting and effecting us as a community and as individuals.




Well what I heard, from the front row as I sat with trusty timer and flip chart, was our community is up in arms concerning the laws on the books that prohibit smoking to riding a "saidgway" to mulch in parking lot islands. Oh, don't get me started about those topics, I could go on for days.


Some talked about being a fiscal conservative, while others spoke about being libertarian, though the democratic candidates never claimed to have that title but who needs a title anyway. The questions stumped a few candidates and sometimes needed repeated. Sometimes the answer was not to the question asked, but you have that don't ya?


One candidate should have said, that if elected for Mayor but not serving a prison term ... blah blah blah, but we all were polite and acted like we had not idea that the grand jury had been called.


Proudly, I was handed a Republican for Henry bumper sticker. I have to say, that as common as it has been for me to vote the "R", this year I am going to have no problem splitting my ticket. Speaking of tickets, you don't want a ticket for riding your saidgway around town now, do ya? So get it off the sidewalk.

No comments: