Monday

Wishy-Washy


Bloggers are uniting today to discuss environmental issues facing us across the globe.


I can say that I have not been the most aware about how to be more green. I am more of a brown person anyway, but there are a few times I do green-ish.


For example - bottled water is bad. BAD. So you should do 5 gallon jug dispensers. I guess it is not how much water we consume, it is the manner in which you have it. I have a water dispenser. Thank goodness it is connected to the electrical socket to maintain steaming hot water or ice cold water. Can't get that out of a small plastic bottle.


Another example is cotton! Don't even think about wearing cotton clothes. The warmth, the feel of cotton. The clothing choice is hemp. Sorry, but in this column I don't do hemp either in a cigarette paper or as a Kenneth Cole original. Now, organic cotton, well that is okay. Huh? Organic!?! From my growing up Carbo days, I remember that the slaves all picked bale of cotton and it was grown outside, is there other ways now to create cotton?
So I really do not do my fair share of keeping the island of the United States green. I don't recycle paper, I don't check out my appliances before I buy them to see if I can pay an addition two grand more up front to save something later. I guess I am part of the trendy ban wagon folks that say green and people cheer and clap.
All I can say is thank you for your support :)

No comments: