Friday

I da .. don't know ....


Looking back in the Carbo achieves, this date of October 26 stands out as being a day that had always meant buying jewelry and toasting to another year.
Well, zap, that is now a memory. In 1994 I began to date the person who would become my wife, who became the person who gave me Clyde (the blog approver) and who eventually selected the belongings that had most value to begin her new home. In the winter of 2005, the divorce became final and my life began down a new trek.
Sometimes marriage works, and other times, well it is like Brittney and K-Fed. Since the divorce finalization, I have found out that I have the most amazing friends on earth. I have found out that I have an amazing family. I have found out that there are travels across the world that I had longed to see and have and will continue to do it. I also realized, that a bad marriage is like living with a plastic bag over your head.
Today would have been our eleventh year together. This is not a sad time for me, because if it was sad, that would have meant we were still together, being unhappy under the same roof. What we did always have was a happy home, though. There were no fights or throwing plates or sarcastic remarks. We did on the surface have a very positive environment to raise Clyde :)
I still eat dinner alone, most nights, and on different plates at a different table, in a different style home but the fact is I am happy and she has to be happier. So, as the city celebrates another year (because this is the week for our city to turn another year older), we raise our champagne flute to toast new beginnings and new opportunities to find the most happiness we can.

No comments: