Saturday

Lick and stick

Have to tell you, had a big ole flash back as I was preparing to send out the Holiday Open House invitations.

See, I went to the post office to find out how much postage it will be to send the invitation and it ended up being $1.30. Well, the first stamp I received was .90 and it was a sunset picture that peeled off a sheet of paper. The last stamp was .40 and it was the old fashion stamp that is separated by small dots and you lick them to stick them.

I thought, no problem, but I started to do it and I realized oh MY GOD (or rather Kelty's God) I have done this before and it was called filling up the S and H Green Stamp books as a child. I remember licking them until the invention of the sponge came along haha. It did not take much time before I realized that I would rather pay a few cents more per stamp, per invitation, to peel off a standard postage stamp and let it stick on it 's own.

The goal is for all invitations to be in everyone's hand before I leave for Savannah! This website now has a link (on the right side) where RSVP'ings can be left or notes taken or if you want to be invited you can let me know too!

I have to say, I do miss the old Green Stamps. I remember going through the catalogs aspiring to gain new home furnishings. The fun sound of the stamp machine as the checkout girl would dial it like a phone and the stamps would come out. We would leave Roger's or Maloley's and I sometimes would carry the stamps to the car. Fun memories, in fact, all these memories will be combined for next year's Holiday Open House, and I will share that in mid December, but until then Happy MEXICarbO.

No comments: