Thursday

College flashback ...

Last night I had dinner with my Ball State roommate. What a great time to flashback and laugh and rejoice about the fun, the good times and the memories.

I met his wife, their adorable child and the new puppy who had more energy than any three people.

My first college was Ball State University, there were many that followed, but BSU was first. You always remember your first, right? I was a senator while on campus. I was a pretty studious student, earned decent grades but made an erupt decision to come home and figure out what my focus and future would be.

If I would have stayed at Ball State, I would have graduated with a degree in Criminal Law Psychology. I would have had my own show: CSI: Carbo! But the cards shook out different, and no prime time television program.

Our dorm room was on the main level on the way to the cafeteria. In true Carbo fashion, the door would have quips and stories along with pictures and other fun facts that would be a stopping point on the way to eat nightly. It was funny, because in the middle of the night (or at least the middle of my night) people would stand outside the door and laugh as they read the material. It would change weekly and it became a big attraction until something more interesting would happen, like a keg would go through our dorm room window.

Ah the memories!

No comments: